Sunday, November 07, 2004

My Trip to the ER

Yesterday, November 6th, I was in a lot of pain. My body was going into shock from all the cramps, vomiting, and the whatnots that I kept having. After I went to the bathroom again for the umpteenth time I broke out in a cold sweat. I got in the shower to see if that would help me feel better, but it wasn't working. I called for John and I asked him to get me some water. After that, I asked him to call for an ambulance because I felt really bad. The paramedics were at our house in 5 minutes, and they took me to Littleton Hospital. The fireman didn't put the IV in my arm right, so the nurse at the hospital fixed it and gave me a painkiller and anti-nausea meds through the IV. What a difference! The pain gradually diminished, and I started to feel a lot better. Everyone said I was very pale, and my color was eventually improving. The nurse also gave me some oxygen, because the alarm on the machine kept going off. It scared John and my mom when it did it the first time. I still feel really weak today, and the prescriptions they gave me also make you drowsy. I already called in sick to work for tomorrow, so I can have an extra day to recuperate. I'm so glad that day is over, because I was not enjoying feeling that bad. What a week it has been! And to quote the Grateful Dead, "What a long strange trip it's been?"

No comments: