Sunday, May 21, 2006

News so Far


I had my Post-Op appointment on Friday, the 19th, to hear about what the doctor found and such. I have mild Endometriosis, a couple of small Fibroid Tumors(benign growths), and a couple of small cysts on my ovaries. This was the first time I heard about the cysts, which caught me off guard. Apparently, I had an ultrasound done 5 years ago to see if they could see the cause to my menstrual cramps. On the ultrasound, she could see a couple of small cysts, but they weren't effecting ovulation or my menstrual cycles. Poly Cystic Ovarian Syndrome a.k.a. PCOS, the official name for cysts on the ovaries, can keep you from ovulating and having monthly cycles. Thankfully hasn't been a problem for me!

Anyway, it all comes down to why am I not getting pregnant, since none of my conditions should be effecting me in that way. Drumroll, please.....I have unexplained infertility!!! That is what the doctor calls it. Whatever! Apparently, this stuff must be having some kind of effect, because they can all cause infertility and I have them, so what gives. I don't get it! Maybe just being cleared of the Endo and having the dye run through my fallopian tubes will be enough to help me get pregnant. I'm very hopefully, and I know it will happen.

No comments: