Wednesday, November 01, 2006

5 Years Ago


Melody

The message was real,
On that full moon November day.
Your small body had given up,
The pain was planning to stay.
I looked at your glazed eyes in fear.
It was your time to fly~~
My weakness overcame me with each tear.
The wetness flooded my face with each word of goodbye.
I lost my sweet song on that first of November.
My furry friend went on,
I can't help but remember~~
That you are really gone.

This is a poem I wrote for my cat Melody who died November 1, 2001. I wrote the poem for a class on April 22, 2002. I still find it sad that she is really gone. I still have her sister Harmony, but I feel like a void is missing for her and me. We have Cimbi to fill that emptiness, but it's not the same. John and Cimbi would have loved Melody. She was a great cat! Very sweet girl! Goodbye my friend!

No comments: