Monday, April 07, 2008

Cedric's One Year Check-Up

On April 2nd, Cedric had a very eventful day. It started off with him figuring out how to get out of his crib. That one was not very eventful for me seeing that I think my heart stopped when I heard a crash sound and my baby started crying. I'm not sure how he did it...I'm thinking he might have used the bumper for leverage. Needless to say, the bumper has been taken out of the crib.

Next event, Cedric went to the doctor for his one year check-up. I still can't believe it has been a year. He measured 30 inches which puts him in the 50th percentile, and he weighs 16 lbs. 11.8 oz. which puts him in the less than 3 percentile. He's a little guy.

He got his shots, which he wasn't too pleased with and mommy never likes to do.
Although, I did say no to the chicken pox's vaccine...too many live viruses in a baby's system at once is too harsh. I'm still reluctant about the MMR vaccine, but I allowed him to get it. It's so hard to make the right decisions as a parent, especially when there is so much information out there that scares you. You don't know if you are putting your child in harms way by giving them the vaccine, or are you putting them in harms way by not getting the vaccine. I wish I knew, and I wish the medical community would find the cause to Autism so parents can breathe a sigh of relief.

Also Cedric did something very exciting today...he took his first step. I was talking on the phone to John when Cedric let go of the safety gate and took one step before falling down. I haven't seen him take a step yet, but he is getting better and better at standing for a length of time. All of this occurred while John was on his business trip...I love John's new job, but I absolutely hate that he has to go on business trips. I want him here with Cedric and I...I'm sure he would agree.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well, Cedric may be smaller than others his age, but he's pretty advanced in how to give mommy a heart attack! Just think, once he really starts walking, you REALLY have to pay attention to what he's up to!