Tuesday, January 31, 2006

AC Interpretive Christmas 2006


Top Row(left to right): Aaron, Me, John, Shawn, Kevin, Colleen, Gabriel, and Greg
Middle Row(left to right): Annie and Adriana
Bottom Row(left to right): Erica, Janny, Kimmie, and Minka

January 20-22, 2006--Adventure Club did its annual Interpretive Christmas. We get together and exchange a present that we were assigned to do. I was assigned to make a present for someone that wanted to explore Skull Island. I made a King Kong, the people, and the T-Rex out of clay. I also did a diarama with lots of sand, artificial trees, fake rock, and lots of creepy crawlies thrown in the mix. I didn't know who it was for, but I had a couple of guesses. One of my guesses was right---Gabriel asked for it!

I asked for a Traveling Monkey! Minka did mine, and I was so happy. She's an artist like me, so I knew she would do an excellent job. She wrote in the journal from the monkey's point of view. She had pictures, and she had the actual monkey to give to me at the end. It was great!

Boo Boo asked for a AC game, and Kevin did a great job. Boo Boo made a present of a new map of The United States. He knew it was for Shawn, and he was right.

As far as the rest of the weekend goes, we were in a large cabin in Manitou Springs. Boo Boo and I had a lot of fun playing games and enjoying the relaxation. I wish I wasn't feeling crummy! I was starting to have some stomach problems. There was lots of good treats and good times!

No comments: