Wednesday, January 30, 2008

I'm Bummed!!!!

John, Cedric, and I were going to listen to Barack Obama at D.U. this morning. When we arrived, the line wrapped around the University. Cedric was getting fussy and so we walked back to the car. After we got back to the car, John decided to walk to the light rail station. I fed Cedric some milk than I headed towards D.U. to go home.

Little did I know while I was doing this that John decided to go back to D.U. as he was walking by...kind of a quick moment type decision. John ended up on the Lacrosse field and heard Barack talk briefly to the crowd. He also saw Barack and Caroline Kennedy's limos go by before his brief speech. Barack then went inside Magness Arena to give his speech...the speech was pumped out through the speakers, so the people on the field could hear it.

Cedric and I really wanted to be apart of this historical event, but we missed out. Although I like Hillary and most likely will vote for her at the Caucus, I do like Barack and his inspirational speeches that he gives. The bottom line is I'm a Democrat, and I support all Democrats...that's why it would have been nice to hear Barack's speech today. So that's why I'm bummed!

Bill Clinton is at D.U. this evening, but it's too late for us...too bad he wasn't going to be giving a speech earlier in the day. I would hope that Hillary has told Bill to stop being so negative and attacking a fellow Democrat the way that he has been with Barack. Despite what you might think, we're all in this together to get a Democrat to win the Presidency to get monkey boy and his minions out of the White House. Now is not the time to turn on each other...plus it is making Hillary look bad. I would like to see a better side to the Clintons from now on...I know they are capable of giving their own inspirational speeches. So lets see it, Hillary and Bill!

No comments: