Thursday, April 02, 2009

Questioning Myself



I woke up around 1:25am this morning with a lot of discomfort. I was feeling uncomfortable right before going to bed, but now I'm feeling more discomfort. I've been timing what I think are contractions, but I'm not entirely sure. You would think after having a baby I would know what contractions are, but it is so hard to tell. They just feel like pressure that keeps coming in waves. They haven't taken my breath away yet. John and Cedric are sleeping, and I don't want to wake them unless I really feel like this is it. Plus we had a lot of snow fall earlier and the roads are pretty icy. I would hate to have to drive all the way to the hospital for a false alarm. On the other hand Cedric came very quickly, and I don't want to have this baby at home....Ugh, I just don't know what to do.


I'm tired and I just want to go to sleep. I was also having discomfort last night, but it eventually went away. If history repeats itself, than I won't be in full labor tonight, but tomorrow I will go and that will be the birth of our second child. You see with Cedric, I woke up the two nights prior to his birth with discomfort. On the third night of this, I gave birth to him.


I'm excited to meet our new baby, but I don't want it to be tonight. I really want to avoid having my parents and John driving in this icy mess. The temps are suppose to be better later on this morning, and I want the roads to become clear before having to drive on them. Just hang-on a little bit longer Baby Boo #2. Please, just give it one more day.

No comments: