Wednesday, June 02, 2010

My Grandma Died!

Here is a picture of my grandma holding me. It has been a long time, since I've seen my grandma. I was thinking the last time I saw I was 12 years old, but I forgot I did see her when I was almost 17 years old. My mom and I took a trip to NY, and we stop by to say hi at some point during our trip. I didn't see her or have any contact with her after that. My mom and grandma never got along and my mom sent my grandma a letter asking her to apologize for the way my grandma treated her as a child. My grandma never apologized, and the connection was broken after that.

I had recently reconnected with my Uncle Teddy and Aunt Peggy when my grandma was having complications about a month ago. It was good to talk to them again. It had been way too long. My Uncle Teddy called me a couple of weeks ago to give me my grandma's phone number. I wish now that I had called before she died. I know she probably wouldn't have known who I was, since she was suffering from dementia....still I feel bad about it. I kept thinking about her during our trip to NY. I kept feeling like I should at least call, but I never did. She died yesterday, June 1, 2010 in the afternoon. She was 92 years old. Goodbye grandma, I'm sorry I didn't get to say it to you at least on the phone if not in person. Say hi to Michael for me, and I hope you both reconnect on the otherside.

Michael as a baby with our grandma.

No comments: