Saturday, July 03, 2010

Over the Rainbow Bridge

Harmony died on Thursday, July 1, 2010 at around 5:20pm in the late afternoon. She was almost 12 1/2 years old. She had been acting very sick over the last few days, and although she felt like she had lost a lot of weight her belly was very bloated and tight. I took her into the vet around 10:45am on Thursday, and the vet called me back within ten minutes to tell me she was very sick. They tried to take blood, but she was so dehydrated that they needed to give her fluids first. Around 2pm, I got a call back from the vet telling me that her kidneys were shutting down, and she was in kidney failure. They said they could try to help her, but I didn't want her to suffer anymore. Plus there was no guarantee that any aggressive treatment was going to save her. I told them I would be back around 5pm with my husband and children. I wanted Cedric and Sebastian to say goodbye. Cedric said, "Goodbye Harmony, I love you." He's such a sweet boy. Plus earlier in the morning he put a blanket on Harmony when she was sleeping on the couch. I don't think he knows what happened, and I know Sebastian definitely has no idea what was going on. John stayed in the room with me when they put Harmony to sleep. It was very sad to say goodbye to my sweet baby. I can't believe she is gone. The house feels empty now with both of the cats gone.

Goodbye Harmony, I love you and will miss you always. Now you and Melody can be together again.

Baby Harmony
January 24, 1998 - July 1, 2010

Sebastian being cute with Harmony.

1 comment:

KIT said...

Sorry to hear about Harmony. That is the hardest part about having pets. They truly become part of the family.