Sunday, July 17, 2005

Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince


Here is a picture of me at the Tattered Cover in Cherry Creek. I'm waiting (along with John, Kevin, and Annie) for the release of the new Harry Potter book. Quite the cast of characters! We saw a lot of obsessed people dressing up like all sorts of characters from the book. My favorite is the guy who looked like Hagrid. It worked cause he had the body type and the height.

We ended up staying at a bed and breakfast called The German House in Greeley. Interested choice! The place was nice and it had a pool, but the breakfast wasn't too exciting. Usually, B&B's have these elaborate breakfasts with lots to choose from. This one was very light almost like a continential breakfast you would get at a standard hotel. Otherwise, I pretty much liked everything else---give or take a few things! I was hoping we would have been staying in the mountains where it would have been a lot cooler and a lot less smelly. Greeley is where I went to college for my Bachelor's. It's a nice little town, but it is surrounding by farm land and Monfort Slaughterhouse is close by. I like to refer to Greeley as Cowtown USA for obvious reasons. Moo! :)

This leads me to the book! The book was great, but it had a very sad ending. A character I liked was killed at the end. I guess he had to die for important events to come, but it was still sad. John and I didn't read as fast as Annie and Kevin but part of that was due to the fact we kept falling asleep. Kevin finished the book around 8:30pm, Annie around 10:00pm, and John and I finished 3:30am: Sunday morning. Needless to say, we are very tired but at least we finished the book. Now we will have to wait another couple of years to find out how it all ends! ;)

No comments: