Sunday, January 14, 2007

The Week in Review.....


So much to talk about...well, to start my dad had major surgery on Tuesday, Jan. 9th. He had to have a part of his esophagus removed, the top part of his stomach removed so they could reattach it to the esophagus, and his gallbladder was removed because of gallstones. The other two parts were removed, because he had cancer on his esophagus. Despite it all, he is doing very well. All the tests he has had show all good things, and the cancer didn't spread. He was removed from the Critical Care Unit Friday evening to a regular hospital room. At the latest, he will be going home on Friday or maybe sooner.

In other news, John did his first baby class yesterday. He went to Daddy Bootcamp to learn all sorts of things related to babies. He enjoyed the class, and he'll be going back again for the second session next Saturday where they discuss safety, car seats, and such. On Sunday, the 21st, John and I will be attending our first childbirth prep class. There will be four sessions. It's definitely getting more real...we are only 62 days left, give or take a few, to go until our baby comes. Also our baby shower is in two weeks, and I can't wait.

Last thing to talk about is the final countdown to my job. I have three more weeks to go...works out to be an eleven and a half days. I only work four days a week, and one of those days is a half day because it is my prenatal appointment. I'm so happy to almost be done with my job...I don't want to get into a lot of details, but I've been very unhappy with these people for awhile. Pretty much since the second baby was born. They've been taking advantage of me a lot, especially lately. However, it is only eleven and a half more days and then I'm free. :)

No comments: