Thursday, February 15, 2007

Valentine's Day 2007



Let's see where do I even begin...in the morning I took John to work, because we were going to the Cheesecake Factory for dinner. It didn't make sense for him to come all the way home only to turn around and go back near his work. Sounds like a good plan, right? Well it would have been if Chester (John's car) didn't decide to die in the turn lane to get on to C-470. I sat in the car trying to get it to start again. I had my hazard lights on, but people were being jerks and they would whip pass me in their cars and some people were honking. Whatever...the world is full of pricks nothing new!

Anyway, I called John on his business phone, but he didn't answer. I tried calling my parents, because they live near by, but they weren't answering. I then called John on his cell phone to see if he would answer...thankfully he did. At this point I was getting upset, because I didn't know what to do.
Also, I didn't want to get out of the car, because I wasn't in a safe place to do so. Poor John, whenever I have car troubles I call him crying so hysterically that he can't understand a word I'm saying. I eventually calmed down, and he was able to understand.

By some miracle, I was able to get the car to start and drive it back to our house. I must have been sitting there for 15 minutes. I ended up taking my car instead. Phew, glad that was over with, but did I mention it was snowing during this whole endeavor. Yeah, it was coming down and the visibility on parts of the highway made it hard to see. Thankfully, I finally made it to John's work to pick him up, so we could at least savage the rest of our Valentine's with a nice dinner at The Cheesecake Factory. Dinner was great! John had his favorite nachos, and I had the teriyaki chicken with white rice. We took the Chocolate Tux cheesecake to go! :)

We ended up walking around the mall for a little bit to kind of wind down from the craziness and to digest our dinners. We eventually decided to tackle the snowy drive home. Everything was fine until we both heard a crack. I saw right away what that crack was...my pristine windshield, on the car we are using as our trade-in for our new car coming in a couple of days, just got the biggest crack I've ever seen across the length of the windshield. Augh!!!! Could this day just end already!!! The good thing...we got home safe! That was the most important thing!

John and I exchanged our Valentine's, but the flowers that John had ordered a week ago hadn't come. He wasn't very happy about that, but I love him and I know it wasn't his fault. I was just happy to be with him. However, John wrote them an e-mail, and my flowers came at 9ish in the evening. They were very beautiful, and I love the message he wrote on them.

Before the flowers came, we shared our delicious cheesecake and played some Wii games: Wario and Wii Sports. We finished the night snuggling in front of the tv watching The Daily Show and The Colbert Report.

Despite it all, I was with my Valentine's, and we enjoyed our sixth one together. Next year, I think we are going to stay home, order some pizza, eat some homemade chocolate chip cookies, invite some friends over to play games, and celebrate with our little cupid, baby Cedric. I'll be so lucky to have two Valentine's next year. Just me and my boys! :)

No comments: