Saturday, March 24, 2007

I'm Finally a Mom!


On Monday, March 19, 2007 at 6:44am I became a mommy. My little baby growing inside me for what seems like forever finally made his way into the world. Words can't even describe how much I love this little guy. My heart swells more and more every time I look at him. I can't believe he's mine!

His name is Cedric Shea, and he couldn't wait to meet his mommy and daddy. My labor from start to finish was a little over four hours. That's very quick especially for a first baby. I was starting to worry when we were driving to the hospital that we might not make it. My contractions were coming every one to two minutes. I had no real break in between, and I was hurting. I'm so glad I went into labor at 2:25ish in the morning, because at around 3:30 when we left for the hospital there was no traffic to contend with. John was running the red lights when we were driving through Denver. No cops in sight!:p

Cedric was 7lbs 14.1oz, and he was 20.5 inches long. He is such a content baby, and he is so sweet and lovable. I could tell when I was pregnant that he was a very mellow, observant personality, and it seems to still be that way. He also had a lot of hiccups which he still gets a lot of. He is so cute, and he has mommy and daddy wrapped around his little finger. Cedric is the baby John and I have been dreaming about since we first started trying August of 2004. He's perfect and well worth the wait. :)

No comments: